Each and every month holds its own origin and because we know the January 2021 Calendar months just by their name and the number of days, doesn’t mean that month is all about it. If you love a particular month then just sit back and make your own research to know the history and the origin of that month, and then you will end up getting the ultimate knowledge about that month. If you love the month of January then here we are going to provide you with the origin of this month and some other facts about it.
January 2021 Calendar Template
January is basically the first month of the year and is one of the most renowned months by so many reasons. January is the month which starts the whole year and it is the first month both in the Gregorian and the Julian calendars. The month is basically consisted of the 31 days and is the first of the 7 months which have the 31 days duration.
January Printable Calendar 2021
January is recognized as the coldest month in the Northern Hemisphere, while in the Southern Hemisphere it is the warmest month of the year. In the Northern Hemisphere January is the second month of the winter, and in the Southern Hemisphere, it can be considered as the second month of the summer.
2021 January Blank Calendar
There are certain observances from the month of January for the ancient Roman empire, which includes the cervula and the Juvenalia both are celebrated on the 1 January.
Three Agonalia is celebrated on January 9 and Carmentalia is celebrated on January 11 and all these observations are missing on the present Gregorian Calendar.
Origin of January Month
January 2021 Calendar Printable
The origin of the January month is from the Latin word “Ianua” which is translated in English as the “Door”. The word has a clear meaning that is the opening month of the year which opens the door for the rest of the months to get into the year. The other theory says that the origin of the month belongs to the name of the God “Janus”.
January Calendar 2021 in PDF
Janus is known as the God of beginning thus the month of January can be very well related to it, however, that derivation has been discarded by Roman’s farmers. As per the ancient Roman farmer’s the name has been derived from the word “Juno” which is the deity of the month.
You would be wondering to know that in the original traditional Roman calendar January and the February were not the part of the Roman calendar, it was only later when these two months were added to the calendar and it became the lunar calendar consisting of the 354 days a year around.
Other Facts About January
Well, there are some other certain facts about the month of January which we believe that you should be aware of. You can read those facts here below and know the month on the good notes.
January 2021 Portrait Calendar
- January is the coldest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere within the majority of the year.
- The month owes its name to the God Janus who is also known as the God of the beginning.
- January is considered to be the most auspicious month with a perspective of executing all new tasks of life for the concerned year.
- In Scotland, the first Monday of January is celebrated to distribute the gifts to the needy children’s.
- Epiphany which is celebrated as the public holiday on 6th January in the majority of the European countries.
- There are some people who know the month of January as the month of divorce as the majority of the cases are for divorce are filled in this month.
- In the United States January is celebrated as a National soup day since the cold is at its peak in the month and soup is considered healthy.
- January is the month which brings the huge discount offers on sale for the customers and in the majority of the countries such as the United States, you can avail the significant discount offers on garments and the furniture sale.
- People who are born in January before the 20 January are born with the Capricorn birth sign while the people from 20 January onwards do have the Aquarius sun sign.
Important Festivals and Other Observances from the January Month
Here in this section, you can know about the important observances or the festivals, which are celebrated in the month of January.
- National month of blood donation
- Black Diamond month
- Hobby month
- National month of oatmeal
- National human trafficking and the slavery prevention month
- National supper Monday month
- Hot tea month
- National month of soup consumption
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Day
- National day of birds
- Trivia day
- National hugging day
- National sleep festival day
- Bubble bath day
These are some of the major observances which are recognized in the month of January worldwide. There could be other plenty of the observances in the January month, which you can know about by visiting the Wikipedia page of Google.
Climate of January Month
Well, if we talk about the climate of the January month then it can be divided into two categories first as the Northern Hemisphere’s climate and second as the Southern Hemisphere’s climate.
January Landscape Calendar 2021
If we talk about the climate of Northern Hemisphere then January is the coldest month of the region in the majority of the countries and it occurs after the season of autumn. If we talk about the United States, then you can witness the lowest temperature here in the month of January which is bound to be lower than the 10 degrees. You can even witness the snowfall in some of the regions of the United States.
January 2021 Holiday Calendar
On the other hand in the Southern Hemisphere January is the warmest month of the year, which is also known as the second month of the summer. For example, the average temperature in the Florida or Cancun may be anywhere around 22 degrees to 28 degrees scale in the January month.
2021 January Calendar in Excel
So, it’s purely up to the concerned Hemisphere to figure out the climate of January month, and since the Northern Hemisphere is wide enough in the comparison of the Southern Hemisphere, hence you are going to witness the cold or frozen climate in this month.